Tuesday 13 November 2012

Greenhouse Spectres

Rain. Why did it always rain? Especially when your on a train. Oh that rhymed! I'm going mad. But anyway here I am on a train to some lost place on the coast of Scotland to investigate some case for my newspaper. Apparently a castle is being haunted, as if, and it has only now come to light.
Three hours later the train pulled into the station, still raining, I stepped off and had a row with a person about buying a holiday to somewhere nicer. Waiting outside the station I got drowned by the now destressingly heavy rain and waitied for my car. After three quarters of an hour waiting I chanced to check my phone where there was a text telling me to find my own way to the castle.
Drenched and feeling humiliated I arrived at the bottom of the castles steps and started to climb. Five minutes later I arrrived at the top and knocked on the door. Oh how I hoped there was someone in! Slowly the door opened, sadly it didn't creak, which would of made it a bit too haunting as it was already what some might describe as neo-gothic with its towering points and creeping ivy.
I walked in and was utterly surprised! Instead of the rotting corpses and dusty stone floors I saw a velvet carpet and polished grandfather clock. Infront of me stood a little old man. In an ancient creaky voice he said "Welcome to my castle!"
The old mans name was Edward Greenhouse. He had a grandaughter called Robin who had lived with him since her parents had died.  After explaining that my name was Gabriel Rathbone and that I worked for the Pavillion Paper we sat down for a phantasmagorial (posh word) meal. As the night drew to a close and the sun began too lower Mr Greenhouse told us the tale of the castles ghosts.
"One hundreed years ago an architect built a castle on this spot. The architect, whoose name we can't remember so we'll call him Bob, had very recently been accused being part of a conspiracy to steal an awful lot of money. He was never proved to be guilty but he disapeared very shortly after building this castle. Well anyway after that very night the spectre appears standing there surveying the castle from that balcony," he pointed up, "and that is the story of our spectre! Now if you shall excuse me I need to close all the curtains." He walked off and I made myself comfy on a sofa beside the table. Looking up at the balcony I thought to myself how interesting it would be to live in a haunted castle. then slowly as I fell into a slumber I noticed a shimmering grey character resting against the balcony. Standing still in the mist I realised, it was the spectre!
To be continued...........

No comments:

Post a Comment